Google Partners are agencies, marketing professionals and online experts who have been certified by Google to manage AdWords accounts. To achieve Google Partner status, agencies must earn the Google Partner Badge, which signifies that the company is strong, has happy customers, and demonstrates Google best practices.
So why choose a Google Partner. It is in clients’ best interests to choose agencies that have earned their Google Partner status. Certified Google Partner agencies are offered lots of perks to help optimize their clients’ campaigns and ensure success in pay-per-click advertising. Here are five good reasons to have a Google Partner agency handle your AdWords accounts.
- Accreditations and qualifications not only demonstrate great experience, but the quality of the agency’s services. For example, B2B digital marketing agencies gain respect in their sector by being a Google Partner. Becoming a Google Partner requires an agency to have a good working relationship with Google, including advanced use of Google AdWords. Members of the agency have certifications in Google AdWords in their fundamentals exams and either Advanced Search or Advanced Display – sometimes both.
- Google Partner agencies work directly with Google. These agencies stay ahead of the curve by working directly with Google. With access to trainings and product updates, Partners stay on top of what’s going on with Google. Because they have exclusive access to Google training and support, these agencies can hop on calls with Google to access personalized best practices and optimization recommendations.
- Google Partners are required to upkeep Google best practices to maintain partner status. Along with the perks come some requirements, one of which is obtaining certifications in Google’s products and services. Partners are required to implement the recommended best practices in your client accounts to demonstrate that you’re maximizing their AdWords performance.
- Google reviews client accounts to make sure their Google Partners are worthy. Google cares about its users – businesses and customers. Google reviews your client accounts to make sure your clients are getting excellent service, including the type and frequency of the changes you’re making, client retention, and whether you’re making the most of your clients’ budgets. Google reviews your client accounts from the time they were linked to the MCC manager account, even if they were linked before the Partners program started.
- Google Partners are transparent. When it comes to AdWords management fees, most customers probably assume some sort of fee when they decide to have an agency manage their AdWords account. With the rollout of the new policies, all Google Partner agencies have to clearly give their clients their management fees for managing AdWords, whether it is a percentage of the AdWords budget, or a flat rate. I don’t see this ever happening, but if an agency refuses to give this information to a customer Google can ultimately revoke their partnership status.